Payment, Promotions and VAT: frequently asked questions
Our M&S Outlet checkout and delivery are managed by Amazon. This means you will need to log in and place orders using your Amazon account. Amazon will also take your payment and deliver your orders. If you already have an account with Amazon, all your payment details and billing addresses will already be set up.
Amazon accepts the following payment types:
- Credit cards: Visa, Delta, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Eurocard and American Express credit cards.
- Debit cards: Visa, Delta, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Eurocard and American Express debit cards.
- Pre-paid payment cards: Visa, MasterCard and American Express pre-paid cards.
Please note Amazon do not accept the following:
- Cheques or postal orders
- Cash in any currency
- Book tokens
- Purchase orders
- International wire transfers
- Direct debit
- Maestro debit card
- M&S Budget Card
- M&S Chargecard
- M&S gift vouchers online.
- M&S money loyalty points will also not be available to add to your order.
- Some M&S offer coupons cannot be accepted online. Please check the details on the voucher to see how it can be used.
Changing your payment details
- If you wish to change your existing credit or debit card details, you can do this in "Your Account". Under "Payment Settings", click "Edit or delete a credit card" then sign in.
- Note: You can add a completely new credit or debit card through your account without having to place an order. Under "Payment Settings", click "Add a credit card", then sign in and enter the card details.
Amazon are confident about the transaction security they offer and back-up every purchase made online with a security guarantee.
Please note M&S Outlet and main M&S stores do not currently offer in-store ordering for outlet products.
How do I receive my Newsletter promotional code?
After you have signed up for our Newsletter and filled in your details a promotional code will be emailed to you shortly. You will need to apply this code in at the checkout.
I can't see my promotional discount applying. When is the discount shown?
After you have proceeded to checkout, signed into your Amazon account and are in the payments section, you will be able to apply your promotional discount on the right hand side of the page. Please note not all codes are automatically applied.
Why are some promotions only in stores and some offers only online?
It's a question of logistics - sometimes running an offer in stores and online just isn't technically possible.
Please note that the offers on www.marksandspencer.com and in our M&S Outlet stores are completely independent.
How do I use a promotion code?
Most promotions on the website apply automatically at checkout. However, sometimes we'll give you a promotion code for special or exclusive offers - simply add the code to the promotion code box at checkout.
You can add an applicable promotion code to an existing order at any time before payment is taken.
Why won't my promotion code work?
Your promotion code may not be recognised for a number of reasons, please read through and ensure the following:
- Expiry date - check that your code has not expired.
- Eligibility - please read the terms and conditions of your promotion code thoroughly. It could be that selected products are not eligible for the offer or your code is not able to be used in conjunction with other offers.
- Unique promotion codes - if you have been emailed a promotional offer please ensure that you have entered the code correctly. The best way to do this is to copy and paste the code from your email into the promotion box on the payment page.
If you are still having difficulty applying your promotion code to your order then please email us through the 'Contact Us' link.
How do I check if a promotion has been applied to my order?
On the payment page, you'll see in the 'Order Summary' box on the right hand side whether any promotions have been deducted from the order total.
Can I use my staff discount on Outlet?
No, staff discounts cannot be used on Outlet.
All prices are displayed inclusive of any applicable VAT for UK orders.
If your order has been delivered within the UK, we can provide a VAT receipt on request - Please email us through the 'Contact Us' link.